The White Flint Implementation Advisory Committee will next meet on Monday, April 8, 2013. Meetings begin at 7pm at Wall Local Park/Shriver Aquatic Center at 5900 Executive Boulevard in Rockville. The public is welcome to attend!
Monday’s agenda includes a presentation by Gables Residential on their latest Sketch Plan. Gables holds the property just north of Wall Park and the Aquatic Center. Also on the agenda is a presentation by representatives of both the Parks and Recreation Departments on the future recreation center, urban park plans, and the expanded aquatic functions expected for Wall Park.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it — your Friends will be there and we’ll post a full recap on the blog.
Property owners and residents from within the plan area, civic and homeowners associations from surrounding residential communities, transportation management representative, and Executive Branch staff were appointed to this overview committee by the Planning Board on September 30, 2010. The Committee will:
* Review assumptions made regarding traffic, including transit use and parking
* Monitor plan recommendations
* Identify new projects for the amenity fund
* Monitor the county Capital Improvement Program and Growth Policy
* Recommend action by the Planning Board and County Council
(taken from the County Planning Website)