The White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee has a job opening for a Manager. All the information is below:
Manager, White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee
The White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee (“WFDAC”) seeks a highly talented candidate to serve as its part-time Manager. The WFDAC was established in 2012 to advise County departments on public services, coordinate community activities and promote business interests, and advise the County Council and County Executive on an urban district, all within the White Flint Sector Plan area. The WFDAC currently leads the local community effort to establish an improvement district in the Pike District – a 2-mile corridor centered on Rockville Pike and the White Flint Metro Station. This is a new position. The Manager will work with and under the guidance of the WFDAC and report to the Director of the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center.
The position will manage multiple administrative, marketing, and communications tasks including – but not limited to – event planning, marketing and branding strategy, and business planning. The ideal candidate must excel at events management, writing, community relations, and attention to detail. Meeting deadlines and a strong relationship with the Executive Committee of the WFDAC is essential for success. The Managder will attend meetings as requires in performance of the duties.
Flexible work schedule – approximately 10 hours/week, on average. Compensation – $40/hour.
• Manage a work plan established by the Executive Committee.
• Provide support to the four other working groups in the WFDAC (Communications, Strategic Planning, Operations, and Streetscape, Signage and Connectivity Committees).
• Oversee events and marketing initiatives that promote the Pike District and its restaurants, shops and arts and entertainment organizations.
• Manage logistics and planning for small to large-scale events and community festivals.
• Help develop a scope, budget, and business plan for improvement district services.
• Set, manage, and advance multiple priorities at one time. (Herd cats. Move the ball.)
• Write, edit and proofread website (www.PikeDistrict.org), newsletter articles, and social media.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years in marketing, communications, and public relations, or similar experience, is required.
• Management experience preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
Email a letter of interest and resume to Ken Hartman at email@example.com before December 4, 2015.
You can also click here for the job announcement.