The Montgomery County Planning Board held a virtual public hearing on June 11 on the update to the Subdivision Staging Policy (SSP). Friends of White Flint was one of the many people testifying about aspects of the policy.
The growth policy update includes recommendations that focus on school and transportation capacities as the county’s population grows and its development needs evolve. In its ongoing efforts to balance expected county growth and development needs with school and transportation capacities, Montgomery Planning recommends a series of policy changes updating calculations and tools to measure and address school overcrowding, traffic congestion, transportation safety, and ways to fund needed infrastructure.
Next steps for the update include a series of Planning Board work sessions that will be held virtually and are open to the public:
• Thursday, June 18: Planning Board Work Session – Schools Element
• Thursday, June 25: Planning Board Work Session – Transportation Element
• Thursday, July 2: Planning Board Work Session – Schools Element and Taxes
• Thursday, July 9: Planning Board Work Session – Transportation Element and Taxes
• Thursday, July 16: Planning Board Work Session – Final Decisions
• Thursday, July 30: Approval of Planning Board Draft