Delegate Arian Kelly has a fabulous update on vaccination data in the state and county. Did you know:
- This week, Maryland is up to 15.8% of our population vaccinated, and Montgomery County is above that average at 16.3%. In great news, 40% of Marylanders 65 and over are now vaccinated.
- In the New York Times ranking of states based on the percentage of population vaccinated with at least one dose, we are ranked 31st out of 50 states.
- State data reveals that while Latinos make up 11% of the Maryland population, they have received only 4% of the vaccine.
- If you are trying to get an appointment at a State mass vaccination site, make sure to sign up for text alerts by texting “MDReady” to 898-211.
- This week the Montgomery County Health Department sent invitations to everyone 75 and over who has pre-registered with the county. If you pre-registered and did not receive an invitation, check your junk mail! If you still have no invite, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240.777.2982 and answer “yes” three times (MoCo resident, over 65, need assistance with the form). The agent will prioritize you for an appointment.
- According to state data (as of March 2nd), the percentage of Montgomery County seniors vaccinated varies by age: 85+ = 58% vaccinated; 75-84 = 68% vaccinated, and 65-74 =33% vaccinated.
- 17% of Montgomery County women are vaccinated. 11.5% of Montgomery County men are vaccinated