Category Archives: General
Here’s the scoop Friends of White Flint Member Paladar’s 4th annual Carnival celebration. This 16-day long party promises to be the most excitement you will have this side of The Equator.
… Read More
- February 2nd through February 17th – you’ll receive ½ off mojitos, margaritas and sangria, all day long. (Sorry, not valid on February 13th or 14th.) For the Carnival street food lovers, don’t worry, they’ve got you covered too.
The population of the DC Metro area in 2030 is going to much larger, more diverse, and skew a bit older, according to a new report by the Urban Institute. Imagine the population growing nearly 38%, from 5,381,333 to 7,420,927. By comparison, the Philadelphia area is expected to grow by just 6.5% and New York by 7.4%.… Read More
Members are the lifeblood of Friends of White Flint. Residents, businesses, homeowner associations, property owners build consensus and work together to fulfill the dream of the White Flint Sector Plan. If you’re reading this, chances are good you’re already a member, (And if you’re not a member — what are you waiting for?… Read More
On Wednesday, Councilmember Roger Berliner said, “As difficult as it is, change is possible; culture can shift; values can be realigned. But to do so requires perseverance, grassroots organizing, coalition building, outreach, and even an occasional press strategy – basically, something that every elected official here understands – a real campaign. In Montgomery County, our efforts to remake a part of our community that has been known as White Flint, and recently renamed the Pike District, is a classic study of all that is necessary to overcome community fears and transportation bureaucracy resistance.”
I like that we’re a ‘classic study’, don’t you?… Read More
The December 8th meeting of the White Flint Implementation Advisory Committee is cancelled.
Here are some brief updates:
§ The Huff Court abandonment is going to the Planning Board on December 11. Click here for the link to the staff memo about the abandonment.… Read More
What: White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee Meeting
When: Tuesday, December 9, 8:00 am- 9:15 am
Where: Bethesda North Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD 20852
The agenda will include:
- A presentation by Streetsense of the recommended name for the district.
… Read More
- A discussion of a possible Arts and Entertainment district designation for the area.
It’s official! According to BethesdaNow.com, White Flint’s post office will reopen for business in its new location at 5056-B Nicholson Lane on Monday at 9am. The wait, attributed to post office boxes that didn’t fit the new space, is finally over! Click here for more information!… Read More
- The November meeting of the White Flint Implementation Advisory Committee is cancelled.
… Read More
- The November 11th meeting of the White Flint Downtown Advisory Committee has been rescheduled to November 18, at 8:00 am. The meeting will take place at the Bethesda North Conference Center. The meetings are free and open to the public.
There are still a few slots available for Saturday’s walking tour of White Flint through the National Building Museum. If you’re interested in attending, you must register through their website by clicking here. It might be a little chilly but we’ll walk up some warmth!… Read More
The September meeting for the White Flint Implementation Advisory Committee is cancelled.
Here are some updates on issues in the White Flint sector:
… Read More
- JBG has submitted the Sketch Plan, Site Plan, and Preliminary Plan Amendments for North Bethesda Market II.
- Gables Residential has submitted the Preliminary and Site Plans for the Gables White Flint.