Pike District Branding/Marketing Update November 2019 from Maier Warner, the contractor handling the Pike District campaign.
- Website – We anticipate launching a new website soon.
- Social Media – Since the month of April, Pike District Facebook has increased its followership by 452 fans. Additionally, each week we are reaching around 1700 people with our content, helping to promote the brand. Twitter followers have grown 729 and Instagram has grown to 630 followers.
We launched The Scoop in June and average a 35% open rate. We also use eblasts to communicate to the food truck audience. We now have 1,121 on our master list and 110 on our food truck list.
- Events — Pop-up
- Pike District is hosting a Happy Hour at Quincy’s South on Wednesday November 13. We will be handing out swag, collecting email addresses and doing a raffle for gift cards
- Pike District is hosting Artists & Makers First Friday on Friday December 6. We are working with Relish, a PD caterer, and 7 Locks. We will be raffling off gift certificates and collecting email addresses. Event attracts 300-500 people.
- #FoodonWheels will continue in both locations until the weather turns
- We hosted our first office lobby activation at 11810 Grand Park Avenue. We served breakfast from Summer House. About 100 people attended and we collected about 72 email addresses. We also picked a winner of a $100 gift card to Summer House.
- Welcome gift bags were ordered and be distributed over the next few weeks to local apartment communities.
- We are also planning to bring breakfast to some local Realtor offices to share information about the Pike District
- We will be installing a banner on the pedestrian walkway fence that faces Old Georgetown Road right after the website launches.
- We have approval from WMATA to hang light pole banners on Rockville Pike. We anticipate they will be installed in December.
- A proposal was submitted to the WMATA Art in Transit team to install a mural on the wall facing Rockville Pike.
- Marinelli Pocket Park (northwest corner of Rockville Pike and Marinelli behind Metro entrance). We have a proposal for permanent tables and chairs as well as a shade sail. We are awaiting a proposal for street furniture.