In June, 2015, M-NCPPC staff is scheduled to begin work on a new sector plan for the area between White Flint/Pike District and the City of Rockville. The White Flint 2 Sector Plan will update a portion of the 1992 North Bethesda/Garrett Park Master Plan and will build upon the innovative vision outlined in the 2010 White Flint Sector Plan.
The White Flint 2 Sector Plan area covers approximately 290 acres in a horseshoe shape on either side of Rockville Pike (MD 355). The plan area includes office buildings along Executive Boulevard, west of Hoya Street; Montrose Crossing Shopping Center and Pike Center along Rockville Pike; light-industrial and commercial properties along Parklawn Drive, south of Randolph Road; office uses along Executive Boulevard; and Randolph Hills Shopping Center and other light-industrial uses along Parklawn Drive.
The White Flint 2 Sector Plan will address issues related to growth and development, including:
- What level of new development can the transportation network support?
- How should Rockville Pike (MD 355) between the City of Rockville and County be coordinated and designed?
- What transportation policies should be introduced or amended?
- Should the White Flint Special Tax District encompass White Flint Phase 2?
- How can uses on both sides of the MARC station and CSX tracks be integrated?
- What is the role of the proposed MARC station and how should nearby properties outside of White Flint Phase I develop?