On Sunday, August 27, Metro Transit Police and Montgomery County first responders will conduct a full-scale emergency drill at the White Flint Metrorail Station. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, Montgomery County Police, Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management, Montgomery County Department of Transportation and Maryland Department of Transportation will also participate in the drill.
The exercise is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. and is expected to end no later than 2:00 p.m.
- White Flint Station will be closed for the duration of the exercise.
- Free shuttle buses will replace Red Line trains between Grosvenor, White Flint and Twinbrook stations from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Red Line trains will operate every 15 minutes between Shady Grove & Twinbrook and Grosvenor & Glenmont from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Metrobus service to the station is expected to operate normally.
- Metro will notify customers when normal service resumes via email, text message and social media. To receive notification sign up for MetroAlerts.
This is a closed event. During the exercise, customers may notice a large number of emergency response vehicles in the area. People in the surrounding area may also hear a loud noise due to the planned disruption of a suspicious package as part of the exercise. Please be assured that it is only a drill.