Event # 1
The Montgomery County Council will host a pedestrian, bicycle and traffic safety town hall meeting at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 9 in the Wheaton High School auditorium to hear from residents about safety issues they are encountering on roadways and sidewalks and in crosswalks. Residents are encouraged to attend the meeting to talk with councilmembers about areas of concern in the community and to learn more about the county’s ongoing efforts to meet the goals of Vision Zero.
So far in 2020, there have been three pedestrian deaths in the county, and two of these deaths occurred on Maryland Route 355 (Rockville Pike). In 2019, 13 pedestrians and one bicyclist were killed in crashes.
Representatives from the Maryland State Highway Administration; the Montgomery County Department of Transportation; the Vision Zero Initiative; the Pedestrian, Bicycle, and Traffic Safety Advisory Committee; Montgomery County Park and Planning and Montgomery County Public Schools are also expected to attend.
Interpretation services will be provided for Spanish speakers.
Wheaton High School is located at 12401 Dalewood Dr. in Silver Spring.
White Flint Sector Plan Implementation Advisory Committee
Wall Local Park-Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center
Monday, February 10, 2020 7 p.m.
1.Development Implementation and Development Moratorium
2. White Flint CIP Projects:
- Mobility: Western Workaround, White Flint District East, Metro Station Access Improvements, Northern Metro Station Entrance, and MD 355 BRT
- Public Facilities: White Flint Fire Station and Wall Park Garage
3. Pike District Downtown Committee (Brian Downie)
4. White Flint Implementation Coordinator Report (Peter Fosselman)
5. MCPS: WJ and B-CC (new elementary school) meeting on Feb. 18, 7 p.m., at North Bethesda Middle